WooCommerce includes tons of filters to let you customize button text, labels, and more, but you have to write PHP code to use them. This plugin provides a settings page where you can add your customizations and save them without needing to write any code or modify any templates, which is helpful for quick change testing.
Requires WooCommerce 3.9.4+
Here are some customizations you can make:
- Add to Cart button text for different product types (within the shop loop and on a single product page)
- Sales badge text for the shop or product pages
- The number of products displayed per page
- Heading text for the “Product Description” and “Additional Information” tab.
- Checkout page coupon / login text
- Checkout page “Create Account” checkbox default
- Checkout page “Submit Order” button text
- Tax Label text
- Placeholder image source
To make these changes, go to WooCommerce > Settings and view the “Customizer” tab.
Note: This plugin does not support being network activated on multisite. To use this on a multisite network, you must activate the plugin individually on each site.
We do support our free plugins and extensions, but please understand that support for premium products takes priority. We typically check the forums every few days (with a maximum delay of one week).
- You can (a) Search Plugins > Add New for “WooCommerce Customizer”, (b) Upload
woocommerce-customizerfolder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory, or (c) upload the zip file via the “Plugins > Add New” menu
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Customizer’ tab under WooCommerce > Settings
- Start customizing!
Why can’t I customize xyz?
Most likely because a filter does not yet exist within WooCommerce, or a filter does exist but is too complicated to be of use with this plugin.
Why don’t the settings show up under the WooCommerce Settings?
Do you have this network activated for a multisite installation? If so, you’ll need to remove the plugin, then activate it on each child site as needed, as the plugin does not support being network activated.
I found a bug! What do I do?
Please submit an issue on GitHub along with a description of the problem so we can fix it 🙂
Can I contribute to the plugin?
Of course! Please fork the GitHub repository and send a pull request.
Contributors and Developers
“WooCommerce Customizer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
2022.03.02 – version 2.7.6
- Fix – Remove image placeholder (this is included in WC 3.5+)
2022.03.01 – version 2.7.5
- Misc – Require WooCommerce 3.9.4 or newer
2020.05.04 – version 2.7.4
- Misc – Add support for WooCommerce 4.1
2020.03.10 – version 2.7.3
- Misc – Add support for WooCommerce 4.0
2020.02.05 – version 2.7.2
- Misc – Add support for WooCommerce 3.9
2019.11.11 – version 2.7.1
- Misc – Add support for WooCommerce 3.8
2019.08.15 – version 2.7.0
- Misc – Add support for WooCommerce 3.7
- Misc – Remove support for WooCommerce 2.6
- Misc – Require WordPress 4.4+
2019.06.12 – version 2.6.1
- Misc – Declare WooCommerce 3.6 compatibility
2018.07.17 – version 2.6.0
- Feature – Added backorder text customization on product pages (props @sandysaille!)
- Feature – Added out of stock text customization on product pages (props @sandysaille!)
- Feature – Change bundle product add to cart text with WooCommerce Product Bundles (props @DaisukiDaYo!)
- Misc – Requires WooCommerce 2.6.14
- Tweak – Hook customizations later to be more aggressive about using WC Customizer values rather than filters from other plugins or themes
- Feature – Added sales badge text customization
- Fix – Image placeholder replacements are only shown in the shop, not in the WP admin
- Localization – Includes Persian translation, props Saakhtani team!
- Misc – Added support for WooCommerce 3.0
- Misc – Removed support for WooCommerce 2.4
- Fix – Fixes “headers already sent” error if WooCommerce is out of date
- Misc – Added support for WooCommerce 2.6
- Misc – Removed support for WooCommerce 2.3
- Misc – Added support for WooCommerce 2.5
- Misc – Removed support for WooCommerce 2.2
- Misc – Standardize the translation string
- Misc – WooCommerce 2.3 Compatibility
- Fix error when upgrading to WooCommerce 2.2
- Added Checkout “Create Account” checkbox default customization
- Added Placeholder image source customization
- Moved settings to WooCommerce > Settings > Customizer
- WooCommerce 2.2 Compatibility
- Localization – Text domain changed from
- Fix missing compatibility class error
- Fix issues with add to cart button text customizations in WooCommerce 2.1
- WooCommerce 2.1 Compatibility
- Refactor to support the upcoming WooCommerce 2.1 beta
- Localization – Text domain changed from
wc-customizerand loaded properly on
- Add two new filters for customizing the Product Description and Additional Information tab titles
- Fix TipTips on Customizer page
- Initial release