This plugin requires WooCommerce.
When developing a WooCommerce site I realized there was not a shortcode for displaying the logged in users available downloads outside of the My Account page. So I developed this simple plugin which adds the short code [woocommerce-my-downloads]. It is simple and effective. It displays the Date of the order and the file name in an unordered list.
** Note: WooCommerce 5.8.x Compatible
Shortcode for displaying all downloads
Shortcode for single product download button
- Search for plugin and install it
- Activate the plugin through the \”Plugins\” menu in WordPress.
- Place the shortcode [woocommerce-my-downloads] on any page you would like.
Can I change the template?
For right now, you can change the template by editing the /tpl/my-downloads.php file.
How do I put my downloads shortcode in my template with PHP?
Open your template file and the put in
<?php do_shortcode('[woocommerce-my-downloads]'); ?>
Contributors and Developers
“My Downloads Shortcode for WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- BUGFIX – Updated templates to make it so it would use the specific download name instead of just the download label.
- UPDATE – Removed PHP Warnings when downloads were unlimited
- UPDATE – Confirmed working with WooCommerce 4.5x and WordPress 5.5x
- UPDATE – Added in infinity symbol to indicate unlimited downloads.
- General Code Cleanup
- Insured compatibility with latest versions of WooCommerce and WordPress
- Added in defaults when just setting up
- Change name to adhere to trademark guidelines
- Wrapped $woocommerce in check statement for corner cases when woocommerce is not loaded and fatal error occurs when saving page/post with shortcode.
- Fixed php warnings for undefined variables
- Fixed deprecated calls
- Moved away from the global $woocommerce and changed to WC()
- Cleaned up various parts of code.
- Added in new shortcode for single download button
- Options Include:
** Toggle Show Date on Template
** Ability to specify label on button
** Ability to add specific classes to button
- Confirmed working with WordPress 4.3 and WooCommerce 2.4.5
- Added in a setting panel. Go into Admin->Settings->WooCommerce My Downloads
- Options Include:
** Available Downloads Heading
** Content if user has no downloads.
** Show Downloads Remaining on Template
** Show Available Download Count on Template
- WordPress 3.9 Compatible
- WooCommerce 2.1 Compatible
- Initial release.