WooCommerce is the world’s most popular open-source eCommerce solution.
Our core platform is free, flexible, and amplified by a global community. The freedom of open-source means you retain full ownership of your store’s content and data forever.
Whether you’re launching a business, taking brick-and-mortar retail online, or developing sites for clients, use WooCommerce for a store that powerfully blends content and commerce.
- Create beautiful, enticing storefronts with themes suited to your brand and industry.
- Customise pages in minutes using modular product blocks.
- Showcase physical and digital goods, product variations, custom configurations, instant downloads, and affiliate items. Bookings, memberships, subscriptions, and dynamic pricing rules are only an extension away.
- Rise to the top of search results by leveraging WordPress’ SEO advantage.
Built-in tools and popular integrations help you efficiently manage your business operations. Many services are free to add with a single click via the optional Setup Wizard.
- Choose how you want to get paid. Conveniently manage payments from the comfort of your store with WooCommerce Payments (Available in the U.S., U.K., Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and now: Spain, France, Germany, and Italy). Securely accept cards, mobile wallets, bank transfers, and cash thanks to 100+ payment gateways – including Stripe, PayPal, and Square.
- Configure your shipping options. Print USPS labels right from your dashboard and even schedule a pickup with WooCommerce Shipping (U.S.-only). Connect with well-known carriers such as UPS, FedEx, and ShipStation – plus a wide variety of delivery, inventory, and fulfillment solutions for your locale.
- Simplify sales tax. Add WooCommerce Tax or similar integrated services to make automated calculations a reality.
Grow your business, add features, and monitor your store on the go
WooCommerce means business. Keep tabs on the performance metrics most important to you with WooCommerce Admin – a powerful, customizable central dashboard for your store.
Expand your audience across marketing and social channels with Google Ads, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Facebook integrations. You can always check out the in-dashboard Marketing Hub for fresh ideas and tips to help you succeed.
Enhance store functionality with hundreds of free and paid extensions from the official WooCommerce Marketplace. Our developers vet each new extension and regularly review existing inventory to maintain Marketplace quality standards. We are actively looking for products that help store builders create successful stores.
Manage your store from anywhere with the free WooCommerce mobile app (Android and iOS). Spoiler alert: Keep an ear out for the slightly addictive “cha-ching” notification sound each time you make a new sale!
Own and control your store data – forever
With WooCommerce, your data belongs to you. Always.
If you opt to share usage data with us, you can feel confident knowing that it’s anonymized and kept secure. Choose to opt-out at any time without impacting your store.
Unlike hosted eCommerce solutions, WooCommerce store data is future-proof; should you wish to migrate to a different platform, you’re free to export all your content and take your site wherever you choose. No restrictions.
Why developers choose (and love) WooCommerce
Developers can use WooCommerce to create, customise, and scale a store to meet a client’s exact specifications, making enhancements through extensions or custom solutions.
- Leverage hooks and filters to modify or create functionality.
- Integrate virtually any service using a robust REST API and webhooks.
- Design and build custom content blocks with React.
- Inspect and modify any aspect of the core plugin code.
- Speed up development with a lightning-fast CLI.
The core platform is tested rigorously and often, supported by a dedicated development team working across time zones. Comprehensive documentation is updated with each release, empowering you to build exactly the store required.
Be part of our growing international community
WooCommerce has a large, passionate community dedicated to helping merchants succeed, and it’s growing fast.
There are WooCommerce Meetups in locations around the world that you can attend for free and even get involved in running. These events are a great way to learn from others, share your expertise, and connect with like-minded folks.
WooCommerce also has a regular presence at WordCamps across the globe – we’d love to meet you.
Contribute and translate
WooCommerce is developed and supported by Automattic, the creators of WordPress.com and Jetpack. We also have hundreds of independent contributors, and there’s always room for more. Head to the WooCommerce GitHub Repository to find out how you can pitch in.
WooCommerce is translated into multiple languages, including Danish, Ukrainian, and Persian. Help localize WooCommerce even further by adding your locale – visit translate.wordpress.org.
- PHP 7.2 or greater is recommended
- MySQL 5.6 or greater is recommended
Visit the WooCommerce server requirements documentation for a detailed list of server requirements.
Automatic installation is the easiest option — WordPress will handle the file transfer, and you won’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WooCommerce, log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu, and click “Add New.”
In the search field type “WooCommerce,” then click “Search Plugins.” Once you’ve found us, you can view details about it such as the point release, rating, and description. Most importantly of course, you can install it by! Click “Install Now,” and WordPress will take it from there.
Manual installation method requires downloading the WooCommerce plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favourite FTP application. The WordPress codex contains instructions on how to do this here.
Automatic updates should work smoothly, but we still recommend you back up your site.
If you encounter issues with the shop/category pages after an update, flush the permalinks by going to WordPress > Settings > Permalinks and hitting “Save.” That should return things to normal.
WooCommerce comes with some sample data you can use to see how products look; import sample_products.xml via the WordPress importer. You can also use the core CSV importer or our CSV Import Suite extension to import sample_products.csv
Where can I find WooCommerce documentation and user guides?
Where can I get help or talk to other users about WooCommerce Core?
If you get stuck, you can ask for help in the WooCommerce Support Forum by following these guidelines, reach out via the WooCommerce Community Slack, or post in the WooCommerce Community group on Facebook.
Where can I get help for extensions I have purchased on WooCommerce.com?
For assistance with paid extensions from the WooCommerce.com Marketplace: first, review our self-service troubleshooting guide. If the problem persists, kindly log a support ticket via our helpdesk. Our dedicated Happiness Engineers aim to respond within 24 hours.
I’m having trouble logging in to WooCommerce.com – what now?
Will WooCommerce work with my theme?
Yes! WooCommerce will work with any theme but may require some additional styling. If you’re looking for a theme featuring deep WooCommerce integration, we recommend Storefront.
How do I update WooCommerce?
We have a detailed guide on How To Update WooCommerce.
My site broke – what do I do?
Start by diagnosing the issue using our helpful troubleshooting guide.
If you noticed the error after updating a theme or plugin, there might be compatibility issues between it and WooCommerce. If the issue appeared after updating WooCommerce, there could be a conflict between WooCommerce and an outdated theme or plugin.
In both instances, we recommend running a conflict test using Health Check (which allows you to disable themes and plugins without affecting your visitors) or troubleshooting the issue using a staging site.
Where can I report bugs?
Report bugs on the WooCommerce GitHub repository. You can also notify us via our support forum – be sure to search the forums to confirm that the error has not already been reported.
Where can I request new features, themes, and extensions?
Request new features and extensions and vote on existing suggestions on our official ideas board. Our Product teams regularly review requests and consider them valuable for product planning.
WooCommerce is awesome! Can I contribute?
Where can I find the REST API documentation?
Extensive WooCommerce REST API Documentation is available on GitHub.
My question is not listed here. Where can I find more answers?
Check out Frequently Asked Questions for more.
Contributors and Developers
“WooCommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix – Fix shipping zone transient not cleared when adding via smart defaults #34099
- Fix – Fix incorrect name in Review Shipping Task tracks event #34045
- Fix – Fix shipping zone fails to create after installing jetpack and wcs #34074
- Fix – Stop re-enabling product attributes lookup table usage after each install #34072
- Fix – Add back missing tracks in add product task #34070
- Fix – Fix historical import data in analytics settings #34054
- Fix – Fix undefined offset notice on payment settings page #33956
- Fix – Convert null and ” to 0 before verification to mimic $wpdb->prepare. #33643
- Fix – Correct generation of variation name when attribute is 0. #33643
- Fix – couple of follow up fixes for Playwright tests #33766
- Fix – Fix “Save changes” does not work on “Free features” step #33844
- Fix – Fix AdditionalPayments task name #33727
- Fix – Fix broken design of Single Product template in Twenty Twenty-Two when product had no reviews or additional info. Fix on sale badge being cut off on the Single Product template. #33643
- Fix – Fixed 33810 – Columns of revenue table and when exporting that table, then generating CSV file, I have matched the sequence of columns of that CSV file. And I have also changed the name of the column of Net revenue in the CSV file to Net sales. #33818
- Fix – Fixed incorrect tax calculation in edit order for “Local Pickup” shipping method. #33643
- Fix – Fixed missing wcpay setup task, task fill page was missing for the woocommerce-payments task #33643
- Fix – Fixed some incorrect spellings in the shipping settings areas. #33836
- Fix – Fix for broken table layout when reordering products on the sorting screen. #33643
- Fix – Fix missing manage button for TikTok #33731
- Fix – Fix missing text domain strings #33780
- Fix – Fix print shipping banner close modal styles #33587
- Fix – Fix shipping display logic country code #33643
- Fix – Fix tooltip not showing in variations meta box, and update tooltip copy. #33741 #33741
- Fix – Fix tracks not including required properties when triggered by API requests. #33872 #33872
- Fix – Fix Uncaught DOMException on WooCommerce -> Extensions page #33711
- Fix – Fix untranslated texts on payment setting page #33718
- Fix – Fix WC Status widget errors when analytics feature is disabled #33816
- Fix – Fix wrong copy in payment recommendations #33665
- Fix – Fix wrong copy in the accordion link for payment task #33662
- Fix – Fix wrong copy in the payments task on the Home Task list #33663
- Fix – Fix wrong copy in the payment task #33749
- Fix – Fix wrong link and copy in payment setting page #33716
- Fix – Fix wrong link in Set up payments screen #33715
- Fix – Import correct controls for export function #33709
- Fix – Revert marketing task completion logic to only complete after actioned by user #33676
- Fix – Update StoreDetails task action url to navigate to the setting page #33671
- Fix – WooCommerce Admin plugin deactivation message was causing much unnecessary alarm and has been improved #33592 #33643
- Fix –
WP_Background_Processupdated to work nicely with memory_limits expressed in units other than ‘M’. #30908
- Fix – Fixed wrong condition used for showing shipping recommendations tour step #34120
- Add – Added a mechanism to customize the data being sent via AJAX by the order meta box #33563
- Add – Added partial spotlight floater to shipping smart defaults tour. #33772
- Add – Added tests for react admin translations #33510
- Add – Add JS tests for shipping recommendation task #33633
- Add – Add new experimental shipping task flow #33643
- Add – Add shipping-smart-defaults intro tooltips. #33772
- Add – Add the command
wc com extension listto retrieve and display the extension list for the connected site. #33783
- Add – Implement
create()in COT datastore. #33341
- Add – Implement
delete()in the COT datastore #33708
- Add – Include Tracks indicator property for block editor on product update. #33321 #33321
- Add – Product creation experience: improve inventory copy #33754 #33754
- Add – Tracks for shipping smart defaults #33748
- Update – Update composer.lock to WooCommerce Blocks to 8.0.0 #34021
- Update – Deploy header task variant from task list experiment #33750
- Update – Implement bulk actions in the new orders admin list table. #33687
- Update – Making default state of product image meta boxes more prominent. #33707
- Update – Randomize the order of sections in Recommended Marketing Extensions #33851
- Update – Removed two-col task list expierments code #33643
- Update – Remove legacy image sizes #33772
- Update – Set ddefault shipping methods when store country is the US and Jetpack is intalled #33788
- Update – Set smart shipping feature flags to true #33819
- Update – Update display shipping task logic and add ReviewShippingOptions task #33643
- Update – Update review shipping options task complete logic #33650
- Update – Update shipping recommendations display logic #33643
- Update – Update shipping task fields when shipping smart default feature is enabled. #33630
- Update – Update wcpay suggestion UI in payment task #33717
- Update – Update wcpay to include a mention of in-person payments for Canada #33669
- Update – Update WooCommerce Blocks to 8.0.0 #33736
- Update – Uses WC_Data_Store directly to count the shipping zones to avoid any unncessary query to the D.B #33643
- Dev – Exclude “e2e” directory from build #33934
- Dev – Add playwright e2e README.md #33643
- Dev – Add
$transaction_idas arg to various
- Dev – Add
wc com extension installCLI command #33775
- Dev – Proper comment of get_formatted_shipping_address function. #33823
- Tweak – Add a helper function to simplify ExPlat call #33871
- Tweak – Add payment icons with Discover other payment providers link #33744
- Tweak – Add the
WC_Product_CSV_Exporterobject as a third parameter of the
- Tweak – Fix code that throws deprecation notices in tests in PHP 8.1 #33643
- Tweak – MakeThis PR makes Set your store location and Review your shipping options steps clickable on the shipping task when shipping-smart-defaults feature is enabled. #33661
- Tweak – Remove blog URL from requests to external IP lookup services. #33643
- Tweak – Set default shipping methods based on the OBW selections #33643
- Tweak – Show a generic error when trying to process a checkout while offline. #33643
- Tweak – The file writing mode used during CSV exports is now filterable via new hook
- Tweak – Update Danish currency symbol to match CLDR R41 spec. #33643
- Tweak – Use transient to cache Shipping:has_shipping_zones() method #33813
- Performance – Improve performance of Shipping Task. #33886
- Enhancement – Add capability for set location step to be manually navigated in shipping recommendation task #33667