Art Store allows artists to sell their work on their own WordPress website using PayPal (or any other third-party payment processor). A horizontal-scrolling gallery with each artwork can be used via a shortcode.
Using the Gallery
The included gallery uses a jQuery library called SmoothDivScroll by Thomas Kahn. You can use this gallery, or not, to display your art pieces. To use the gallery, we’ve included a shortcode. By default, the shortcode will display all your art.
You can limit the number of items that appear by adding a
posts parameter to the shortcode:
You can specify a height or width to attempt to make all your images uniform. You can specify a height, a width, or both, and the gallery will attempt to use your values whilst not altering the aspect ratio of the thumbnail image.
[art-store-gallery height=500] - gallery with height/width set to 500 [art-store-gallery width=500] - gallery with height/width set to 500 [art-store-gallery height=250 width=300] - gallery with height set to 250 and width set to 300
(Note: The gallery will use whatever crop settings you have specified on the thumbnail in the media library — you can change the crop settings by editing the image in the media library.)
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Go to Plugins > Add New in the Dashboard.
- Click to browse for xxxx.zip to upload.
Go to Settings
Alternatively, you can copy the contents
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to Settings
- Do I need a PayPal account to use this plugin?
Not necessarily. But you will need some kind of third party payment processor that either gives you a link to your purchase page or an embeddable HTML code.
- Where can I submit features requests, bug enhancements, and issues?
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors and Developers
“WP Art Store” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- added an meta value empty field check if product information is set but no value is saved
- set mousewheelScrolling to false to disable. can still scroll by click/touch and by hovering over the edges
- fixed a bug that displayed the current product in the related products widget
- Initial release
- For full changelog/revision history, see commits on Github