This plugin makes it safe and easy to work with email in your testing environments. When enabled the plugin catches any instance of wp_mail and redirects the email to your chosen email address.
- Set a custom email address target to redirect emails to
- Emails intercepted will have [Debug] added to the subject line to make them identifyable in your inbox
- Interception rules can be limited by plugin allowing you to debug a specific plugin on your live site without affecting other operations
- Notice in the WP Admin Bar when enabled.
For Bugs Reports or to contribute
Please visit our public GitHub Repo
- Upload the wp-email-debug folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit the Email Debug Settings page to enable specific features
- Will this intercept all emails sent from WordPress?
Generally speaking, Yes, but. This plugin catches all emails sent using the wp_mail function. Best practice specifies that plugins should use this function to send email but it is possible that developers could send email using another method in which case this plugin won’t catch it.
Contributors and Developers
“WP Email Debug” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Email Debug” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Improved code syntax
- Updated Compatibility to 4.3.1
- Initial Release
- Added plugin specific filters
- Added Admin Bar Notification
- Added Plugin Meta / Icon / Banner
- Built core filter functionality