This plugin adds geolocation functionnalities to your wordpress, it allows you to find posts around you or a location with a specific distance radius.
You can select a specific location with the widget or you can make a request with URL by providing latitude, longitude and distance as GET parameters.
The widget and the shortocode consists of a Google Autocomplete and a distance range slider.
Go in widget area, then place the widget in a zone.
Have fun !
Simply add this code where you want to place the search box : [wpgeoloc]
Play with URL:
For example : on an archive page, you are looking restaurants located in a 10 miles radius from this latitude [50.8385607] and this longitude [4.37526040] :
You can do it on the search page with the keyword “super” :
If you want to use the widget and the Google place autocomplete, then you need a Google Places API KEY.
How to get a Google Places API key :
- github : https://github.com/NicolasBlois/wp-geoloc
- URL : search with latitude, longitude, distance provided as GET parameters in URL.
- Widget : the widget consists of a Google Autocomplete and a distance range slider.
- Shortcode : the shortcode generates a Google Autocomplete and a distance range slider. Usage : [wpgeoloc]
- English – default, always included
Installation instructions :
- Upload to plugins dir
- Activate plugin
Configuration instructions :
- If you want to use the widget and the Google place autocomplete, then you need a Google Places API KEY. Get your Google Places API key here : https://developers.google.com/places/web-service/get-api-key
- Add a location for each post you wish to geotag. A box is provided for this purpose in post edit mode.
- Enjoy the geolocated requests.
- How to get a Google Places API KEY?
- Simply follow instructions here : https://developers.google.com/places/web-service/get-api-key
Contributors and Developers
“WP Geoloc” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- standardization of code
- New : widget to search geolocated content.
- New : shortcode to include the geolocated search form in any post.
- New : translations in French
- Fix : Prevent XSS and other attacks
- Initial release