This plugin is currently in alpha stage. It includes only basic features like sending e-mail notifications using built-in PHP mail() function or by using external SMTP server (recommended). Work of this plugin depends mostly on SMTP server configuration.
Lemme Know plugin allows you to send e-mail notifications only for a small amount of subscribers. There are plans to implement Cron-based solution which will allows to send notifications in portions and bypass server limitations.
- upload the
wp-lemme-knowdirectory to the
- activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- go to
Settings > Lemme Knowand fill out required settings
- go to
Themes > Widgetsand add Lemme Know widget to the sidebar
- implement Cron-based feature allowing to send e-mails in portions
- add e-mail list management (add/edit/remove subscribers manually)
- add e-mail import/export option
- add e-mail groups
- add double opt-in feature for e-mail subscriptions
- add translations
Feel invited to contribute if you can help make this plugin better 🙂
Visit https://github.com/clash82/wp-lemme-know, fork the project, add your feature and create a Pull Request. I’ll be happy to review and add your changes.
Contributors and Developers
“Lemme Know” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- fixed: PHPMailer paths deprecations.
- added: new line is now converted to
- fixed: issue related to incorrect admin-ajax.php file path when WP is installed in subdirectory (wp-admin),
- added: validation if
e-mail fromvalue is specified when sending test message.
- fixed: issue related to incorrect admin-ajax.php file path when WP is installed in subdirectory.
- fixed: send notifications only when
posttype content is published,
- added: new test SMTP configuration option which allows you to test the current configuration by sending an example e-mail.
- replaced SwiftMailer with built-in PHPMailer (decreased plugin size!).
- fixed: removed notification sending after post edit (notifications are now sent only after first post publish),
- added: internal Administrator notifications now includes e-mail unsubscriptions,
- added: site name is now part of the e-mail’s title used when sending internal notifications (useful when using plugin for more than one site).
- first alpha release.