A plugin to help out the default WordPress REST API Data.
Please visit my YouTube Channel. I publish WordPress development related videos regularly. The channel name is Robiz Show
Post & Pages
- Get feature image url of a post. [ Full, Large, Medium, Thumbnail ]
- Get publish date in a human readable format.
- Get author details which includes user_nicename, user_url.
- Get post terms object. That includes term id, name, slug, description, parent, post count and url.
- Featured image source stated as
featured_image_srcwith multiple variations [ Full, Large, Medium, Thumbnail ].
- Post published date in more readable format stated as
published_on(e.g: Feb 20, 2020)
- Author details stated as
- Post terms stated as
post_terms. This contains an array of objects of the terms.
* Featured image source stated as
featured_image_src with multiple variations [ Full, Large, Medium, thumbnail ).
* Provides full menu list of a theme based on menu location. object contains parent and its child information.
* Provides the widget area list associated with the widgets.
* Provides the general information about the site.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/wp-rest-api-helperdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Use the Settings->Plugin Name screen to configure the plugin
- (Make your instructions match the desired user flow for activating and installing your plugin. Include any steps that might be needed for explanatory purposes)
Contributors and Developers
“WP REST API Helper” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP REST API Helper” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release Version – 1.0.0
- Initial release.
Release Version – 2.0.0
- Internal plugin structure changed.
Release Version – 2.0.1
- Plugin updater added.
Release Version – 2.0.2
- Permission callback fixed for the REST API.
- In post author details updated.
- In page author details updated.
- In menus type_label & slug updated.