We are currently focusing on developing an enhancement of the new WordPress block editor using our plugin Advanced Gutenberg. While this plugin is just maintained, we encourage all our users to try the Advanced Gutenberg experience 🙂
The WordPress text editor is really easy to use and something fundamental for everyone, whether you are a redactor or a web developer. What about getting an enhanced version of this text editor offering a custom experience to each user.
WP Smart Editor is giving to you and your clients a custom experience with the possibility to filter the tools available per user or user role.
Furthermore, the plugins comes with time saving edition tools:
– A table manager
– A file manager
– A column manager: Create and customize columns layouts without using any HTML
– A button manager: Design, Save and re-use your buttons from the editor
– A bullet manager: Design your bullet lists with icons, Save and re-use them all over your website
– Content summary: Generate automatic summary with links based on your content title structure
– A editor template manager: Save and reload your Editor HTML layouts
– A custom style editor: Create and give to your users custom styles in dropdown list based on your own CSS
– Enhanced codemirror (code coloration) version
– Code search and replace feature
More information and feature details here!
Still not sure! test the plugin live on Addendio sandbox demo website
Video demo of the main editor features
Video demo of the advanced editor tools
Create unlimited edition profiles, for each editor profile define:
– The Edition tools available (like font size, bold, column manager…)
– The edition tool place in the editor bar
– Assign the editor profile to one or several user groups
– Assign the editor profile to one or several users
– Import/Export edition profiles with all the configuration inside
Text editor configuration and options:
– Create your own CSS styled snippet from Editor with preview and make them available in a click from the editor
– Activate code coloration and syntax in text editor
– Activate code coloration and syntax in theme editor
– Search and replace advanced feature in code editor view
– Import/Export CSS custom styles from one website to another
WP Smart Editor is totally free of charge, the only thing you can purchase is an upgrade of WP File Download (the enhanced version of the file manager) and WP Table Manager (the enhanced version of the table manager).
Main plugins from JoomUnited:
- WP Media Folder: Supercharge your media library with folders
- WP File Download: Best in class file and document manager
- WP Meta SEO: Search Engine Optimization made easy
- WP Speed of Light: Speedup your website in an easy way
- WP Latest Posts: Super flexible latest posts and content
- WP Table Manager: Create and manage tables with style
- Advanced Gutenberg: Light and efficient WP page builder
Before leaving a review >> Feel free to ask questions here in the support section, we reply to every question!
A dedicated private ticket support is also available on the website.
Product page on the **[JoomUnited website]
Detailed documentation on the **[JoomUnited documentation section]
PHP 5.6+, PHP7 or 7.1 recommended for better performance, WordPress 4.5+
To install the automatically:
- Through WordPress admin, use the menu: Plugin > Add new
- Search for WP Smart Editor
- Click on install then click activate link
To install the plugin manually:
- Download and unzip the plugin wp-smart-editor.zip
- Upload the /wp-smart-editor directory to /wp-content/plugins/
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Use the WP Smart Editor left menu
Once the plugin is installed, use the admin left menu. The install process will add 3 plugins in the list: WP Smart Ediotr, WP Table Manager light, WP File Download light
- Can I get support for the editor use?
We reply to every question about the editor on the forum here, just ask 🙂 If you have a feature request you can also submit it on JoomUnited forum (create a free account first)
- Can I use WP Smart Editor only myself?
Yes, after install you can select which edition tools will be available for whom. So you can create an edition profile just for you.
- Is WP Smart Editor slowing down my website?
The plugin have NO impact on page load, it’s only loaded during the edition process. Only your custom CSS, if used, will be loaded on frontend.
- Is WP Smart Editor compatible with 3rd party plugins?
Yes it is, it has been tested with a lot of plugins and themes on the market furthermore it’s a natural extension of the WordPress default editor.
So it can be used in WooCommerce, page builders that load WordPress default editor.
- Is WP Smart Editor free?
Yes totally free of charge, the only thing you can purchase is an upgrade of WP File Download (the enhanced version of the file manager) and WP Table Manager (the enhanced version of the table manager).
- Can I translate WP Smart Editor plugin?
Yes, and that’s really easy! JU Translation is a translation tool included in all our WordPress plugins: get, share and manage your extensions translations from a visual and easy to use interface! You’ll find it in the WP Smart Editor configuration menu
- Where can I activate the editor coloration code?
It’s activated on plugin install and you can find the option from the configuration. Your theme files admin editor is also concerned.
- Can I change the custom CSS class with a user friendly name?
Yes from the custom CSS creation tool you can add a seperated CSS class name and a title. The last one will be displayed in in a dropdown list in your editor.
- Is it possible to order edition tools?
You can activate, disable, order the tools available in your editor and also the toolbars
- Can I load the same editor on several WordPress websites?
Yes the editor has a profile import/export feature. You can export your profiles including: custom editor toolbar, edition tools ordering and configuration and even add custom CSS
- I don’t see the new buttons or new editor
- Make sure the setting: “Disable the visual editor” is not checked under Users >> Your Profile >> configuration is not checked.
- Make sure that an edition profile is linked to your account for example if you’re in admin user role make sure that an edition profile is setup to be loaded for admins
Contributors and Developers
“WP Smart Editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Smart Editor” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix : Conflict with custm CCSS styles in some plugin configuration
- Fix : Fatal error when activate plugin
- Fix : Update JU framework to 1.0.4
- Fix : Update to framework 1.0.3
- Add : New editor tool: Tooltip manager – Add HTML tooltips for texts or images
- Add : Possibility to choose which device’s type to activate editor
- Add : Posibility to choose which post types to activate editor
- Add : New function: Export and Import editor’s profiles and custom styles
- Add : Possibility to edit saved Template name
- Fix : Responsive columns for mobile (columns manager)
- Add : New editor tool, Template manager: Save and reload your HTML layouts
- Add : Notification tooltip that loaded when the editor is opened at first time
- Add : Compatibily with admin Page builder plugins: Elementor, Visual Composer, DIVI, ACF Themify, Live composer
- Fix : Issue on upgrading Table Manager and File Download light version to full version
- Fix : Issue with Search/Replace function may cause the editor to be displayed twice
- Fix : Editor buttons from 3rd party not displayed
- Fix : Issue on activation with PHP 5.3 version
- Fix : Fix issue while install on Multisite Network
- Add : Initial release