I think, it’s no secret that YouTube iframe embeds slow down your page load. YouTube Embed Performance – it very simple plugin for WordPress and it allow solve this issues.
It replaces embedded YouTube videos on image and loading videos only when the user clicks on the play button. Thus It improves page load times and increases your Google PageSpeed Score.
Installation via WP Dashboard is very easy. Just use the ‘Plugins’ -> ‘Add New’ screen, put “Youtube Embed Performance” in the search form and click “Install Now”.
Manual installation via FTP is very straightforward as well:
1. Upload the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
2. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
3. Use the ‘Settings’ -> ‘YouTube Embed’ menu for change default options.
4.1 Just insert Youtube URL in post (example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fv19KVVya8)
4.2 Or use shortcode (example [yep_youtube width=”XXX” height=”XXX” nocookie=”0″ controls=”1″ start=”03:45″]5Fv19KVVya8[/yep_youtube])
- Is this plugin make Google PageSpeed 100% for my site?
This plugin encrease result for YouTube video only. If your page have rate 100% without video, this plugin make 100%. Also must be remember – for 100% score you need very fast theme, caching and etc.
- Is this plugin responsive?
Yes. By default (shortcodes without “width” and “height” attributes) it is responsive.
- Can you add other languages for the plugin?
- I found a bug.
Just tell me. You can use the Plugin page on my blog, leave a comment in a post about Youtube Embed Performance or create a new topic on the wordpress.org forum.
- I would like a feature to be added.
- I wish help.
- Tell me about bugs you think you’ve found and if you can’t find any
- Confirm it works with your version of WP on wordpress.org
- Rate my plugin on wordpress.org
- Help improve the translation
Contributors and Developers
“Youtube Embed Performance” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- NEW: tested for WP 5.3.2
- FIX: rename classes and traslations
- Solved small JS issue (addEventListener).
- Added shortcode.
- Write simple plugin.