Seamless rollback of WordPress Core to latest release or any outdated, secure release using the Core Update API and core update methods. Only latest release and outdated, secure releases are offered.
Refer to https://api.wordpress.org/core/stable-check/1.0/
Logo from a meme generator. Original artwork by Allie Brosh.
From the Tools menu select
Rollback Core, select the version you wish to rollback to from the dropdown and click
Rollback. You will be directed to the
update-core.php page where you should see a button to
Re-install your specified version. If you move away from the
update-core.php page before clicking the
Re-install button you will have 15 seconds to return and complete the process or you will need to start over.
In multisite use the Settings menu.
WARNING: Downgrading WordPress Core may leave your site in an unusable state requiring a complete reinstall or a forced reinstall using WP-CLI,
wp core update --force --version=5.5.3. It may also leave your site broken due to a plugin or theme incompatibility. Use at your own risk.
Rollbacks use your current locale.
PRs are welcome.
Contributors and Developers
“Core Rollback” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Core Rollback” has been translated into 6 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Core Rollback” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
1.3.4 / 2023-02-07
- composer update
1.3.3 / 2023-02-05
- update for PHP 8.1
1.3.2 / 2022-05-10
1.3.1 / 2022-02-08
1.3.0 / 2022-01-28
- filter WP versions with significant deprecation notices/errors for newer PHP versions
- add notice about limiting of rollback options for PHP versions
1.2.4 / 2022-01-14
- proper nonce verification of settings page
- remove unneededd
version_comparecheck for notice
1.2.3 / 2022-01-11
- I suck and so do typos
1.2.2 / 2022-01-11
- need to use
method_existsin check to properly function
1.2.1 / 2022-01-11
function_exists( 'is_block_theme' )check to avoid fatal
1.2.0 / 2022-01-10
- add method to return array of block capable WP versions for rollback
1.1.2 / 2022-01-10
- add notice if currently using block theme, thanks @costdev
1.1.1 / 2021-10-14
sanitize_file_name()maybe have attached filter that changes output
1.1.0 / 2021-07-07
- add @10up GitHub Actions for WordPress SVN
1.0.1 / 2020-12-4
- fix text-domain in string, thanks Alex
1.0.0 / 2020-11-17
- initial release to dot org repository
Class Bootstrapto intiate process
- updated instructions, etc
- add assets, screenshots, banners, icon
readme.txtand clean up
- add warning notice to settings
force-checkquery arg to redirect to more consistently display the
- limit rollbacks to WP > 4.0, I found some non-recoverable issue in my local testing
- initial release