Whenever you create a new Theme or Plugin you will always need to create custom data to test whether your plugin is working or not, and as Developers ourselves we had this problem quite alot.
Our goal with this plugin is to fill this gap where you have problem with a good solution both for Developers and for Users of WordPress.
Note: This plugin requires PHP 5.3 or higher to be activated.
- Custom Post Types
- Meta Data
- Featured Image
Creating Dummy Content
Normally a WordPress developer will need to perform the task of filling up an empty theme with dummy content, and doing this manually can be really time consuming, the main reasons this plugin was create was to speed up this process.
Random Featured Images
Create randomly generated attachments as the Featured Images for your WordPress dummy content.
Create random Meta Information
WordPress has Meta for Users, Posts, Terms and Comments, FakerPress will allow you to generate custom dummy meta for all four, with 20 types of Data
Delete the Content Generated
After you are done with your testing it should be easy to delete all the content created using FakerPress, now you will be able to do it.
Generate Random HTML
When creating dummy posts what you really want is that the HTML is really random so that you might see bugs that an XML import wouldn’t.
Generate Images in your HTML
When you are testing your website images are important, so FakerPress will allow you to output Images to your HTML tests.
Real Browser data on User Comments
For comments our plugin is prepared to generate a real Browser data instead of leaving the field empty.
Random Terms generation
For creating and assigning the terms you will have a much better tool that will allow you to select which kind of taxonomy you want to assign to your posts, and leaving the randomization to the plugin’s code.
Real random User profiles
If you fill up your WordPress with any data for the user profiles you might not catch an edge case, this plugin will fill up the fields with data that will really matter in the tests.
Types of Meta Included
- Geo Information
- Browser User Agent
We moved away from Transifex due to the new GlotPress on WordPress.org, so if you want to translate FakerPress to your language please follow this guidelines.
See room for improvement?
Great! There are several ways you can get involved to help make FakerPress better:
- Report Bugs: If you find a bug, error or other problem, please report it! You can do this by creating a new topic in the plugin forum. Once a developer can verify the bug by reproducing it, they will create an official bug report in GitHub where the bug will be worked on.
- Suggest New Features: Have an awesome idea? Please share it! Simply create a new topic in the plugin forum to express your thoughts on why the feature should be included and get a discussion going around your idea.
- Issue Pull Requests: If you’re a developer, the easiest way to get involved is to help out on issues already reported in GitHub. Be sure to check out the contributing guide for developers.
Thank you for wanting to make FakerPress better for everyone! We salute you.
really makes thing simple ðŸ™‚
Th problem of adding dummy content is faced by all developers to start off. This saves so much time. I wish I found it before. Thanks a lot for envisioning the idea of a plugin for adding content to take off which I am sure is needed by many developers.
I tried to use the plugin put I have some problems,
the plugin isn’t easy to use, the photos didn’t add to the posts,
I think it could be more better.
Great plugin to create dummy content on website for testing purpose
Awesome Plugin!. I was looking for a plugin to create some posts for my theme, but didn’t find any plugin. But this plugin , installed it, configured and it worked !
Really appreciated the work ! keep it up and keep creating this type of plugin
Contributors & Developers
“FakerPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
0.4.7 — 2 of October, 2016
- Feature: Image Attachment Meta Field to allow more Flexibility all around the plugin
0.4.6 — 14 of June, 2016
- Fix: Post Meta and taxonomy is finally working again — Thanks @peachey_a and @zoeitsolutions
- Fix: Allow Meta Number generation using any type of range, doesn’t limit from 0 to 9
0.4.5 — 11 of June, 2016
- Fix: Users Module was using Post Meta methods on flag related methods, preventing the users to be deleted when “Let it Go!” — Thanks @derpixler
- Fix: Taxonomy and Meta Modules had a compatibility problem with Faker, preveting users to use Meta and Taxonomy Properly — Thanks @rayrutjes
- Tweak: Add a better description for a few fields
- Tweak: Include latest code from Faker version > 1.6.0
0.4.4 — 1 of April, 2016
- Feature: Address Meta templating now allows you to fetch Country ABBR and Code — Thanks @kirilisa
- Tweak: Include latest code from Faker version > 1.5.0
- Tweak: WP_Query Meta for attachments is a little bit easier now, prediction of forgotten
- Tweak: Make the Post Parent selection easier to know which posts by showing more information on the items — Thanks @fxbernard
- Fix: Get some missing Text Domains working — Thanks @ginsterbusch
0.4.3 — 1 of March, 2016
- Feature: No more Hot-linking external sites on Content Images — Thanks b0rg + mvaneijgen + okvee
- Tweak: Use
wp_remote_getto fetch external images — Thanks revaxarts
- Tweak: Improve how we handle the Deletes to make sure it doesn’t delete all your site — Thanks Paul Mckay
- Fix: Prevent Notices from happening when no Image providers were selected
0.4.2 — 9 of November, 2015
- Feature: Include meta for Terms for WordPress 4.4 and Up
- Tweak: Include a more granular control over Taxonomy selector for Posts
- Fix: CSS changes for WordPress 4.4
0.4.1 — 24 of September, 2015
- Tweak: Improve Modules code in general, if you have custom code based on Modules please check (#71)
- Fix: Generate button was locking after a warning for trying a bad request
0.4.0 — 21 of September, 2015
- Feature: Now Modules use AJAX to fake, AKA no more timeouts for big dummy creation
- Fix: handle WP_Error on term creation, avoids fatal errors if the term already exists — Thanks Jonathan Brinley
0.3.3 — 10 of June, 2015
- Tweak: Featured Images now are linked to the post using the
post_parentcolumn — Reported by Bruno DC
- Fix: Dates on Meta fields are fully working again — Thanks Ethan Clevenger
0.3.2 — 25 of May, 2015
- New: Including LoremPixel as a Image Provider — Thanks examinedliving
- Fix: Intervals now have a better Handling for non-timed Strings — Thanks alfiemx_
- Fix: Better verification of Carbon inclusion — Thanks Frankie Jarrett
- Fix: Closures now using self variables better, prevents Fatal Error — Thanks fccoelho7
0.3.1 — 02 of May, 2015
- Fix: Date Meta Field is now working as expected
- Fix: Empty meta fields don’t throw Fatal Errors anymore — Thanks Jeffrey Carandang
0.3.0 — 01 of May, 2015
- New: Now you will be able to generate Custom dummy Meta for your Posts, Users and Comments
0.2.2 — 15 of April, 2015
- New: 500px as a Image provider ( You will need a Customer App Key )
- Tweak: New formula for Taxonomy randomization for Posts ( with new filters )
0.2.1 — 02 of April, 2015
- Fix: User generator now working again (sorry about that)
0.2.0 — 01 of April, 2015
- New: Featured Images is now an Option on our Plugin
- New: Handling of Post Meta, still under the hood but preparation for the next versions
0.1.6 — 07 of March, 2015
- Fix: Prevent Carbon to Fatal error if trying to be included twice (#50)
- Tweak: Better checking for the content flag when deleting
0.1.5 — 03 September, 2014
- New: Allow post Parent to be chosen on the Admin Form (#35)
- New: Now allow Image to be used in HTML, with Placehold.it (#38)
- Tweak: Allow users to choose which HTML tags will be used (#37)
- Tweak: User Select2 now uses AJAX to prevent bugs on bigger databases (#43)
- Tweak: Now you can select a range of items to be randomized, instead of always having to input a single number (#44)
0.1.4 — 15 of August, 2014
- New: Delete all content created by Fakerpress (#26)
- New: Allow users to control
comment_statuson Posts (#26)
- New: Predefined interval set of dates (#21)
- Tweak: Prevent the user from selecting a bad combination of date fields (#20)
0.1.3 — 25 of June, 2014
- Fixing a problem where the UI folder was not included in the final version
0.1.2 — 24 of June, 2014
- New: Admin messages for all pages (#10)
- New: Select Date range for Comments and Posts (#11)
- New: Select Author sampling group for Posts (#11)
- New: Roles sampling group for Users (#13)
- New: Taxonomies sampling group for Terms (#13)
- New: Selection of Post Type for Posts (#13)
- New: Selection of Terms sampling group for Posts (#13)
- Tweak: Select2 usage to improve fields (#13)
admin_titlebeen overwritten (#14)
0.1.1 — 17 of June, 2014
- Fatal Error gerated by a missing file Carbon related fixed
0.1.0 — 17 of June, 2014
- First initial concept of using Faker to gerenate data on WordPress