JAMStackPress – Power-up you WordPress backend
This plugin extends the WP-JSON API by adding a new useful set of fields to the WP-JSON API response, this new set of fields will make your front-end development easier. JAMStackPress also applies some optional filters
to the content in order to make it front-end ready (no need to make replacements or ad image width and height attrs at front-end level). Finally we also adds to more endpoints to the WP-JSON API (contact form and sitemap) very useful!
We think about the possible scenarios of development for your static website, so in other words, we’ll try to make your life easier, so that you only think about developing your decoupled front-end.
Extra fields (jamstackpress object)
We include some extra fields that can be activated in the plugins administration page, that will make your front-end development easier:
Human readable date field (uses the locale defined in your WordPress panel):
"readable_date": "March 26, 2018"
Post’s full slug and front-end link respecting your WordPress permalinks selection:
Featured image URLs one for every size:
SEO tags Title and Description – Compatible With Yoast and RankMath plugins:
"title": "Post Title",
"description": "Post SEO description"
JAMStackPress includes 2 optional endpoints, always with the porpoise in mind of making your front end development tasks much more easier
This endpoint acts as a contact form back-end resource. Will save a jp_contact custom post and send an email on every success submission.
How to use it:
- Enable the custom contact form endpoint in the options panel.
- Fill and save the rest of the options related to the contact endpoint: Contact email, Contact Fail Message, Contact Success Message and reCaptcha Secret Key (google reCaptcha V3).
Send a request to the custom contact form endpoint, here is an example of a call to the contact form endpoint using js fetch()
subject: 'Contact Subject',
message: 'Body of the contact form message',
This endpoint will return a full list of posts and categories slugs, here is a sample of returned list:
Content filters & Deploy tools
– Replace your WordPress base URL with the front-end URL defined in the plugin settings.
– Add image width and height attributes to every image placed at the content.
– Add _blank target to every external link at the content.
– Trigger front-end build: You can specify a build webhook url for triggering a deployment in your front-end site, directly from your WordPress back-end. This
is specially useful to keep your front-end site always updated with the latest content, without having to manually trigger a deploy.
Contributors and Developers
“JAMStackPress” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “JAMStackPress” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Fix plugin version
- Update changelog order
- Fix internal GitHub deployment
- Fix dependencies missing
- Major changes (see readme)
- The plugin now extends the WP-JSON API
- Fix version number
- Fix endpoint response not being formatted correctly.
- Fix previous release version issues.
- Update screenshots and url placeholders.
- Add plugin assets dir.
- First version.