Randomize simply displays randomised text. You’re able to deposit text passages, quotes, and HTML code in the administration back end by categories. You can use the widget, a shortcode or template tag to show up randomised content on your site.
Ready for translation
Since version 1.4 was released Randomise is ready for translation. Feel free to add or support your language on translate.wordpress.org!
The original author has discontinued the development, so I decided to continue the free distribution under the new name “Randomize”. It’s based on “Random Text” by pantsonhead.
- Upload the zip to your WordPress installation and activate it.
- Switch to “Appearance” -> “Widgets” for using the widget OR embed a shortcode/template tag.
- Manage your entries in “Settings” -> “Randomise”.
Note: During installation, Randomise creates a new table to your WP database to store the entries by category. After setup you should see two sample entries.
By uninstalling the plugin the DB tables will be removed also.
Can I use shortcodes?
Yes, you can use…
for all strings, or
for a specific category, or even
[randomise category=’EXAMPLE_CATEGORY’ random=’1′]
for a specific category also, but with randomization instead of rotating.
You can use something like this, where ‘EXAMPLE_CATEGORY’ is the group you wish to select items from:
<?php randomize('EXAMPLE_CATEGORY'); ?>
Can I embed images?
You are able to embed images by using the general HTML tag. Maybe you would like to create an own category for images in Randomise.
Contributors and Developers
“Randomise” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
“Randomise” has been translated into 8 locales. Thank you to the translators for their contributions.
Translate “Randomise” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Deleted local language files (no longer necessary)
- added a small donation link in admin area
- added german language file
- requires WordPress 4.6+ now
- requires PHP 5.6+ now
- tested with WP 4.9.5
- Updated licence to GPLv3
- Updated assets
- Updated FAQ for PHP template tags
- Updated required PHP version
- Replaced function “WP_Widget()” with “parent::__construct()”, which is deprecated since version 4.3.0 of WordPress
- Initial release